Tuesday 17 July 2012




...some images of the gallery space at Musgrove Park....



Louise Watson




My work is a celebration of the craft of stitching, darning, mending and replacing a lost button. With much time and thought this then becomes an avenue for expression, elevated beyond the merely practical. The origin of darning is to make good a worn surface, but it can be decorative. A humble button can be more than functional. I come from 3 generations of professional dress-makers and with 30 years experience of embroidery I continue to “mend my ways” and meditate on the art of stitching.


                                                                          
                                                                        Liz Hewitt



Cloth is the silent companion of us all; used to protect, comfort and decorate. Since being diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, working with fabric has become an essential part of my life. The process of stitching calms my mind and body, like  meditating, helping to heal and mend my body and  bringing a warm glow to my soul.  These pieces express the thoughts and emotions felt as I sew.