Friday 17 September 2021

Work in The Lansdown Gallery

 At last I'm finding the time to sit down at my computer and post photos of some of my work in  Inhabit, our exhibition in Stoud. 

All the work I am showing this time stems from my liking of modern architectural forms, and especially of high rise office blocks with mirror glass walls that catch and send reflections back and forth to one another. 

There is also reference in each piece to the destruction of ancient ways of life when modern development proceeds with limited control. A circle stitched or printed into the work suggests this darker social history. 

Three Towers - a small installation on glass 
Printed and cut card hand stitched together with thread 



Three Strips 
Pieced from painted and printed fabric and hand stitched


High Rise Artist's Book 
Digital print on card - soaring shapes of steel, modern living in a box




This work has stemmed from play in Photoshop with a single photo of a building taken in Darling Harbour in Sydney, Australia. I generated an enormous number of digital images by repeated cycles of manipulating, fading and intensifying, enlarging, cropping and changing colours. Only a small number of the resulting images found their way into my work for this exhibition ...

... but it was a good way to spend lockdown!

Margaret Robbie


No comments:

Post a Comment