Thursday 18 May 2023

Dunnottar Castle, Aberdeenshire

My work so often develops from places I've visited, especially those which make a lasting impression on me. Dunnottar Castle in Aberdeenshire has been one such place. It sits perched dramatically on a clifftop high above the sea. 

All my pieces for our upcoming exhibition, Praxix, at Forge Needle Mill in Redditch were based on a single visit to the castle made at the end of July last year. They show varying degrees of abstraction but each piece was developed from tracings and drawings of my photographs, some of which were shown in a previous post.

Shown top is one of a series of four small figurative pieces exploring the buildings and layout of the castle which were developed from the tracings below it and to which colour and stitch were added.  

Details of this exhibition are shown in the side panel to the right. 

Margaret Robbie

No comments:

Post a Comment