Tuesday 13 July 2010

The making process - knitting and poetry!

Whilst doing my research for Curious Drawers I talked with friends and family about their experiences of making things for each other in the family. Knitting was consistently discussed - all the wonderful, colourful and sometimes curiously shaped garments and the effort, love and special qualities of the hand made providing warmth, protection, decoration and individuality (and much more!).

The Poetry Society have an inspiring section called 'knit a poem' and if you click on the link in pink it will take you to the poem that resonated strongly for me - also click on the 'poem of the week' and see 9 more poems about making... click here 


 Doll's vest knitted by my mother and my stitch response
Susi

No comments:

Post a Comment